Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stars

Karalee is currently serving as an SM in Costa Rica. 

Tonight I found myself in awe of the stars.
The frigid wind played with the loose wisps of hair around my face.
I looked in search of answers.
Maybe the sky has secrets too, I wondered.
The smallest of stars -clinging close together- shined brightest in the sky.
It looked like a break-through in the darkness.
Like a whole secret world lied behind it -underneath it.
I wondered if there was more life out there.
Some sort of secret life.
Something on the other side of the darkness.
Through that small break-through.
Something bigger than me. This place. This country. This earth. This universe.
Someone bigger out there.
I turned my back against the street lights and a whole new arrangement of stars appeared.
They burned passionately. So intently -with all the might they could muster.
I found my mind sort of turn to mush. I guess you could call it mind-blowing.
I felt the presence of eyes on my back and turned to face them.
It was a stranger passing on the road 20 feet from where I stood.
I wondered if they thought I was crazy.
I was dizzy and disoriented.
Perplexed and amazed.
It didn't matter though -if they thought I was crazy.
I wondered why I hadn't looked at the stars sooner.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/127/532/127532892_640.jpg
Costa Rica Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment